Iranian envoy visits four nationals detained for three months in Kuwaiti prison

Iran's ambassador to Kuwait met four Iranian nationals detained in Kuwait for three months, days after an Iranian military official accused Kuwait of withholding information about their fate. The Iranian embassy said the ambassador was informed about the health and latest situation of the four. Iran says the men, affiliated with the Revolutionary Guards, entered Kuwaiti waters due to a navigation disruption; Kuwait suspects them of planning hostile actions.

Iran's ambassador to Kuwait met four Iranian nationals who have been detained in Kuwait for three months, according to Iranian state media quoting Iran's embassy in Kuwait. The meeting took place on Tuesday, a few days after an Iranian military official accused Kuwait of withholding information about their fate. The Iranian embassy in Kuwait said in a post on X/Twitter that the ambassador was informed about the health and latest situation of the four. Iran said in May that the four men, affiliated with the Revolutionary Guards, had been on a maritime patrol before entering Kuwaiti territorial waters because of a navigation disruption. Kuwait has said the four were suspected of planning hostile actions against the country. Mohammad Baqerzadeh, commander of the Committee for the Search for Missing Persons of Iran's Armed Forces General Staff, accused Kuwait on Monday of withholding information about the fate of the four men. The report is based on Iranian state media and does not include a response from Kuwaiti authorities.

Iranian envoy visits four nationals detained for three months in Kuwaiti prison